GENERAL QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS
Cannot start a download in IDM. An error occurs on download start.
How to configure Avast Internet Security to work with Internet Download Manager (IDM)
1. Please exit IDM by using "Tasks > Exit" menu item. See picture below.
2. Run Avast Internet Security.
3. Press on "Firewall" button in the left toolbar, and select "Application Rules" in drop-down list below on the left. Find "Tonec Inc." in right window and click on it.
4. In drop-down list, find "Internet Download Manager (IDM)", and right click on it. Select "Delete" menu item in right click menu to delete incorrect rule.
5. Then run IDM, and start downloading. If a window with "Firewall Question" title appears, and it asks about "IDMan.exe" program, press on "Allow" button.
After these steps, IDM will be able to download files.
If, after updating IDM, it stops downloading, you will need to repeat the steps above from the beginning.
<< Original problem description