GENERAL QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS
Cannot start a download in IDM. An error occurs on download start.
How to configure ESET Smart Security to work with Internet Download Manager (IDM)
1. Run ESET Smart Security.
2. Select "Setup" in the left column, then press on "Network" link in the right column.
3. In new window, press on "Configure rules and zones…" link on the right part of the window.
4. In new window, double click on IDM icon, then select "Deny communication for IDMan.exe" line below IDM icon. Then press on "Delete (Del)" button below the list.
5. After that, press on "OK" button.
6. Now start a download with IDM. The following window should appear.
It’s necessary to check "Remember action (create rule)" and press on "Allow" button.
If after updating IDM stops downloading, you will need to repeat these actions from the beginning.
<< Original problem description
Internet Download Manager, Tonec Inc. 641 Lexington Avenue, 15th fl. New York, NY, 10022 E-mail: email@example.com
© 1999-2013. All rights reserved.