GENERAL QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS
Cannot start a download in IDM. An error occurs on download start.
How to configure Norton Internet Security to work with Internet Download Manager (IDM)
1. Run Norton Internet Security.
2. Press on "Settings" button in top toolbar in new window.
3. Select "Smart Firewall" in the left column of "Settings" window, then press on "Configure[+]" next to "Program Control" in the list on the right.
4. Find and select "Internet Download Manager" in new "Program Control" window, and change IDM access to "Allow" in "Access" column on the right.
5. Then press on "Apply" button, and then on "OK" button.
After these steps, IDM will be able to download.
If after updating IDM stops downloading, you will need to repeat these actions from the beginning.
<< Original problem description