QUESTIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC SITES RAPIDSHARE, MEGAUPLOAD, HOTFILE AND OTHERS
How to configure IDM to work with RapidShare site?
1. RapidShare often changes its logic and old versions of IDM may not work with it. However, we always keep the latest version compatible with Rapidshare. This why make sure that you have installed the latest version of IDM.
2. If you have a Premium RapidShare account, you need to do the following:
2.1. You need to add your login and password for RapidShare in "Options->Sites Logins" dialog. Press "New" to add a new entry (arrow 1 on the image). You need to add two entries and to use "rapidshare.com" and "*.rapidshare.com" as server names (arrows 2 on the image):
3. If you have free account on RapidShare, IDM will download correct file only when it captured the download automatically from your browser. If you use "Download with IDM" browser's context menu item or download panel for selected links, IDM will download a web page instead of a real file. Also for a free account, you need to enable "Start downloading immediately while displaying "Download File Info" dialog" option in "Options->Downloads" dialog.
2.2. Then you need to open site www.rapidshare.com in your browser, fill in your login and password (arrow 1 on the image) and press "Login" (arrow 2 on the image) to sign in its Premium Zone. After this, your browser should ask you if you want to remember login and password for this site (arrow 3 on the image). Press "Yes".
Then you need to open "My RapidShare" tab (arrow 1 on the image) and press "On" for "Direct downloads" (arrow 2 on the image).
2.3. When IDM starts downloading HTML files then maybe your RapidShare account has expired. Alternatively, this can happen if your RapidShare traffic limit has been spent. You need to try to login in your account and check that everything is in order.
Also IDM downloads a web page if a file had been already removed from the site. You should try to download a file with your browser. Hold "Alt" key while clicking on a download link to tell IDM that it should not catch the download. Then you should see a web page with explanation of this problem.
2.4. Please note that downloads from RapidShare that have been started in old versions of IDM (earlier than 5.19), most likely will not be able to finish. RapidShare has a bug that causes old versions of IDM to determine the file size to be one byte more than it is. Unfortunately you will need to delete such downloads and add them again in a new version of IDM to determine the file size correctly.
3.1. Problem may also happen if you use some proxy. It is better if you not use any proxy at all. If you absolutely cannot avoid using proxy, you should use the same proxy in your browser and in IDM.
Otherwise server will think that you use different IPs for this download and download will fail because for trial account a temporary link can be downloaded only once from a single IP address. Please note that the same relates to different applications that try to control your internet traffic
and acts like local proxy. It can be some kind of FireWall/Antivirus or other security applications. If you use your browser via such application, you should use IDM via it as well.
4. Also if you use FireFox problems may happen if you use extensions from third party companies to transfer downloads in IDM, for example Flashgot. IDM can perfectly detect downloads itself but if you really want to use Flashgot, at least update it to the latest version.
5. If IDM still does not download from RapidShare this means that you did something wrong in previous steps. Please check again.
Internet Download Manager, Tonec Inc. 641 Lexington Avenue, 15th fl. New York, NY, 10022 E-mail: email@example.com
© 1999-2008. All rights reserved.