QUESTIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC SITES RAPIDSHARE, MEGAUPLOAD, HOTFILE AND OTHERS
How to configure IDM to work with Oron.com site?
Unfortunately Oron.com does not have direct downloads and you need to open each link in your browser even if you have a premium account. You can contact owners of Oron.com and ask them to add such feature.
To use IDM with this site you should follow steps below:
1. Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of IDM. Old versions before 6.09 build 3 have a bug with processing of cookies and may not work with sharing sites.
2. If you have a Premium Oron.com account, you need to do the following:
2.1. Please pay attention: you should open Internet Explorer (exactly Internet Explorer, and not another browser, independently of what browser you use for browsing the Internet)
and log in on the site as a premium user. To do this press "Login" at top right corner of web page (arrow 1 on the image).
Then fill you user name and password and press "Submit" (arrow 2 on the image). The site will set cookies in Internet Explorer which IDM is able to use when you add downloads to IDM.
Afterwards you can close Internet Explorer. Please note that you SHOULD NOT logout from site premium zone (press "Logout") in ANY browser. Otherwise, cookies will be changed.
3. If you have free account on Oron.com, do the following:
If this does not help, then maybe your Internet Explorer does not save cookies. Please read here for possible reasons and solutions.
To check that your cookies are set correctly, open www.oron.com in Internet Explorer browser. You should be logged in. If you have to log in manually, then cookies are not set correctly.
2.2. Don't try to download Oron links directly from other sites via browser context menu.
2.3. You need to open a link in your browser. Maybe you will have to log in once if your main browser is not Internet Explorer. If you already did it, you should be logged in on the site (arrow 1 on the image). Now click on the "Create Download Link" button (arrow 2 on the image) to get the real download link.
Then you will see a page with a direct download link. Click on this link and IDM will start the download automatically.
Please note, that this link will be valid only for 24 hours and work only for your current IP address. After this period, you will not be able to resume the download. Please read here what to do in such case.
3.1 Open the link in your browser and wait the necessary time:
4. Problem may also happen if you use some proxy. It is better if you not use any proxy at all. If you absolutely cannot avoid using proxy, you should use the same proxy in your browser and in IDM.
Otherwise, the site will think that you use different IPs for this download and the download will fail because the link can be downloaded only from a single IP address. Please note that the same relates to different applications that try to control your internet traffic
and acts like local proxy. It can be some kind of FireWall/Antivirus or other security applications. If you use your browser via such application, you should use IDM via it as well.
Then enter and submit the CAPTCHA:
And finally get the real download link:
Please note, that this link will be valid only for 1 hour and work only for your current IP address. After this period, you will not be able to resume the download. Please read here what to do in such case.
5. Also if your browser is FireFox, problems may happen if you use extensions from third party companies to transfer downloads in IDM, for example Flashgot. IDM can perfectly detect downloads itself but if you really want to use Flashgot, at least update it to the latest version.
6. If IDM still does not download from Oron.com this means that you did something wrong in previous steps. Please check again.
Internet Download Manager, Tonec Inc. 641 Lexington Avenue, 15th fl. New York, NY, 10022 E-mail: email@example.com
© 1999-2008. All rights reserved.