QUESTIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC SITES RAPIDSHARE, MEGAUPLOAD, HOTFILE AND OTHERS
How to configure IDM to work with Rapidgator.net site?
Unfortunately Rapidgator does not have direct downloads and you need to open each link in your browser even if you have a premium account. You can contact owners of Rapidgator and ask them to add such feature.
To use IDM with this site you should follow steps below:
1. Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of IDM. Old versions before 6.09 build 3 have a bug with processing of cookies and may not work with sharing sites.
2. If you have a Premium Rapidgator account, you need to do the following:
2.1. Please pay attention: you should open your browser
and log in on the site as a premium user. To do this press "Login" (arrow 1 on the image).
Then fill you user name and password, check "Remember me" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image) and press "Login" (arrow 3 on the image). The site will set cookies that IDM is able to use when you add downloads to IDM.
Afterwards you can close the browser. Please note, that you SHOULD NOT press "Logout" (arrow 2 on the next image) in ANY browser. Otherwise, cookies will be changed.
3. If you have free account on Rapidgator, you will not be able to resume your downloads. This also means that you cannot use a queue.
Then close and restart your browser of choice that you usually use.
If this does not help, then maybe your browser does not save cookies. Please read here for possible reasons and solutions.
To check that your cookies are set correctly, open www.rapidgator.net in your browser. You should be logged in. If you have to log in manually, then cookies are not set correctly.
2.2. After you log in the site premium zone for the first time, Internet Explorer can ask you to remember the password. You should select "Yes" (arrow 2 on the image).
Then you need to press "My account" and then select "Profile" in drop down menu (arrows 1 on the image).
On a new page you need to enable "Direct download" option.
2.3. When IDM starts downloading HTML files then maybe your Rapidgator account has expired. Alternatively, this can happen if your Rapidgator traffic limit has been spent. You need to try to log in in your account and check that everything is in order.
Also IDM downloads a web page if a file had been already removed from the site. You should try to download a file with your browser. Hold "Alt" key while clicking on a download link to tell IDM that it should not catch the download. Then you should see a web page with explanation of this problem.
You need to enable "Start downloading immediately while displaying "Download File Info" dialog" option in "Options->Downloads" dialog.
To download a file, please do the following:
3.1 Open the link in your browser and select "SLOW SPEED DOWNLOAD":
4. Problem may happen if you use some proxy. It is better if you not use any proxy at all. If you absolutely cannot avoid using proxy, you should use the same proxy in your browser and in IDM.
Otherwise, the site will think that you use different IPs for this download and download will fail because a temporary link can be downloaded only from a single IP address. Please note that the same relates to different applications that try to control your internet traffic
and acts like local proxy. It can be some kind of FireWall/Antivirus or other security applications. If you use your browser via such application, you should use IDM via it as well.
3.2 Wait the necessary time:
3.3 Then enter and submit the CAPTCHA:
3.4 Do not simply click on the download button. This site permits requesting temporary download link only one time. If browser sends the first request, IDM cannot download it.
This why, you need to hold "Ins" key while clicking on the button to force IDM to start the download before browser.
5. Also if you use FireFox problems may happen if you use extensions from third party companies to transfer downloads in IDM, for example Flashgot. IDM can perfectly detect downloads itself but if you really want to use Flashgot, at least update it to the latest version.
6. If IDM still does not download from Rapidgator, this means that you did something wrong in previous steps. Please check again.
Internet Download Manager, Tonec Inc. 641 Lexington Avenue, 15th fl. New York, NY, 10022 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1999-2008. All rights reserved.