QUESTIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC SITES RAPIDSHARE, MEGAUPLOAD, HOTFILE AND OTHERS
How to configure IDM to work with FilePost.com site?
Unfortunately FilePost.com does not have direct downloads and you need to open each link in your browser even if you have a premium account. You can contact owners of FilePost.com and ask them to add such feature.
However, IDM can at least automatically start downloads if you have a premium account. Please read how to achieve it below.
1. Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of IDM. Old versions before 6.09 build 3 have a bug with processing of cookies and may not work with sharing sites.
2. If you have a Premium FilePost.com account, you need to do the following:
2.1. Please pay attention: If you add your downloads using drop target, batch download from clipboard, lists in text files or if you use not Internet Explorer as your browser,
then you should open Internet Explorer (exactly Internet Explorer, and not another browser, independently of what browser you use for browsing the Internet)
and log in on the site as a premium user. To do this press "Login" at top right corner of web page (arrow 1 on the image).
Then you need to tick "Remember me on this computer" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image) and press "Secure Login" (arrow 3 on the image). The site will set cookies in Internet Explorer which IDM is able to use when you add downloads to IDM.
Afterwards you can close Internet Explorer. Please note that you SHOULD NOT logout from site premium zone (press "Logout") in ANY browser. Otherwise, cookies will be changed.
3. If you have free account on FilePost.com, IDM will download correct file only when it captures the download automatically from your browser. If you use "Download with IDM" browser's context menu item or download panel for selected links, IDM will download a web page instead of a real file. Also for a free account, you need to enable "Start downloading immediately while displaying "Download File Info" dialog" option in "Options->Downloads" dialog.
Then close and restart your browser of choice that you usualy use.
If this does not help, then maybe your Internet Explorer does not save cookies. Please read here for possible reasons and solutions.
To check that your cookies are set correctly, open www.filepost.com in Internet Explorer browser. You should be logged in. If you have to log in manually, then cookies are not set correctly.
3.1. Problem may also happen if you use some proxy. It is better if you not use any proxy at all. If you absolutely cannot avoid using proxy, you should use the same proxy in your browser and in IDM.
Otherwise server will think that you use different IPs for this download and download will fail because for trial account a temporary link can be downloaded only once from a single IP address. Please note that the same relates to different applications that try to control your internet traffic
and acts like local proxy. It can be some kind of FireWall/Antivirus or other security applications. If you use your browser via such application, you should use IDM via it as well.
4. Also if your browser is FireFox, problems may happen if you use extensions from third party companies to transfer downloads in IDM, for example Flashgot. IDM can perfectly detect downloads itself but if you really want to use Flashgot, at least update it to the latest version.
5. If IDM still does not download from FilePost.com this means that you did something wrong in previous steps. Please check again.
Internet Download Manager, Tonec Inc. 641 Lexington Avenue, 15th fl. New York, NY, 10022 E-mail: email@example.com
© 1999-2008. All rights reserved.