IDM integration into Opera does not work. What should I do?
Download panel for video is not shown or shown in some wrong place. What should I do?
1. Please update IDM to the latest version by using Help→Check for updates... IDM main menu item.
2. For Opera you have to enable "Use advanced browser integration" option in Options→General IDM dialog (arrow 1 on the image). Then check that integration into Opera is also enabled (arrow 2 on the image).
If IDM shows some error, when you try to enable advanced browser integration, please read this instruction.
3. Also integration may not work when browser is launched in Admin mode. This can happen not only if you do this intentionally but when you launch Opera from some intermediary program like Total Commander that is launched in Admin mode or if you use some portable version with custom launcher.
All below relates only for Opera versions 15 and higher. Opera versions 14 and lower have limited support of IDM and do not work with IDM extension. Please update Opera to the latest version.
If IDM extension was not installed automatically for some reason, or maybe you or some program on your computer deleted IDM extension from Opera, then you need to install IDM extension.
4. Our web browser extension is hosted by Chrome Web Store. To be able to use it in Opera, you have to use "Install Chrome Extensions" add-on from Opera Addons website.
5. Our extension is hidden on Chrome Web Store, and it cannot be searched as well. This is made by design, because there is no sense to install extension without IDM.
Please note that all IDM extensions that can be found through Google Store search are fake and should not be used.
Click "Add to Opera" button, and after you see the following message, click "OK":
Then "Extensions" page will open, where you should click "Install" button.
And confirm installation once again by clicking "Yes, install" (arrow on the image):
This was the final one, and now the new browser tab should open showing the message "Internet Download Manager extension for Opera has been installed". You can close it.
6. How to configure IDM extension for Opera?
If you already added IDM extension into Opera you need to configure it correctly. To do this press on Opera menu (arrow 1 on the image) and select "Extensions→Extensions" menu item (arrows 2 and 3 on the image):
Or click on "Extensions" left bar icon menu (arrow 1 on the image). You need to check that "IDM Integration Module" extension is enabled. If you use incognito mode in Chrome, you need to enable "Allow in incognito" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image).