IDM extension for web browser asks for many permissions in order to be activated. What are they used for?
Chrome Browser Integration
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
Our extension examines all sent and received data from websites to detect download links, and it also parses web page source and script data to extract multimedia content.
- Access your tabs and browsing activity
Our extension analyzes document objects in tabs and watches your navigation between web pages to properly display Download panel on top of the video players.
- Change your privacy-related settings
These settings are inspected by the extension to understand browser configuration (there is no separate permission for just reading them).
- Communicate with cooperating websites
For troubleshooting purpose, the extension may communicate with our official website to know whether it is installed correctly.
- Communicate with cooperating native applications
The extension needs this permission to transfer captured downloads to IDM desktop program.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
This permission is used to check for obsolete and conflicting third-party extensions, and perform appropriate actions.
- Manage your downloads
This is our mission.