GENERAL QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS
When I try to start a download in my browser, I get an error message "Cannot transfer download in IDM". What is wrong?
1. This can be caused by some program that creates Delayed Start sections. For example it can be WinPatrol program. Such programs delete IDM from Windows auto start and launch it later with administrator rights. In such case you need to remove IDM from Delayed Start section in settings of this program.
2. Also this error happens when your browser and IDM are set to run under different privileges.
Maybe you have set to always run IDM with administrator rights. This is not correct. Please open IDM folder, right click on "IDMan.exe", select "Properties" menu item, switch to "Compatibility" tab,
and remove the tick from "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image). In addition, you need to remove compatibility with previous versions of Windows if there are any enabled (arrow 1 on the image).
If it does not help, try to do the same (check that "Run this program as an administrator" and compatibility with previous versions of Windows are disabled) for your browser executable file.
3. Also some of such errors (for example error 0x80040154) mean that there is a problem with registration/installation of IDM libraries in Windows. It can happen if another program on your computer damaged or deleted something.
In such case you need to reinstall IDM to register its DLL files. Download the latest version of IDM here. Please note that you need to install it in default folder that it will offer (usually "C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\").
4. If the problem persists, maybe some Spyware Remover program deletes registrations of IDM components from system registry. Maybe you have some application that has such function and you do not even know about it.
It may have something like "Protector", "Defender", "Spyware Remover" or "Cleaner" in its name.
5. Also some of our users reported that this problem was solved by disabling UAC in Windows.
6. If it still does not work, please contact us and send screenshot of an exact message that you get.