I am getting the error 'ssl_connect error 5' when I try to download anything using IDM when Kaspersky Internet Security is active. How to fix it?
You need to follow these steps:
- You should be able to see hidden folders. Please read here how to see hidden folders in Windows Explorer
- Open Kaspersky Internet Security application, select Settings, select "General Settings", uncheck "Enable Self-Defense" option, select "Save" and select "Yes" - to confirm the action.
- Exit Kaspersky Internet Security application - right click on the Kaspersky Internet Security icon in Windows task bar and select "Exit" from pop-up menu.
- Go to folder "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\" and delete all files and folders inside it.
- Start Kaspersky Internet Security application again.
- Check "Enable Self-Defense" option back.
- Shutdown the computer (using Shutdown, not Restart), then power on and check if the problem persists.