QUESTIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC SITES RAPIDSHARE, MEGAUPLOAD, HOTFILE AND OTHERS
How to configure IDM to work with FileServe site?
All sharing functionality on FileServe is now disabled. Currently this site can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
1. Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of IDM. Old versions before 6.09 build 3 have a bug with processing of cookies and may not work with sharing sites.
2. If you have a Premium FileServe account, you need to do the following:
2.1.Please pay attention: you should open your browser
and log in on the site as a premium user. The login form has "Remember me" box, please tick it as well (look at image below). The site will set cookies that IDM is able to use when you add downloads to it.
Afterwards you can close the browser. Please note that you SHOULD NOT logout from site premium zone (press "Logout") in ANY browser. Otherwise, cookies will be changed.
3. If you have free account on FileServe, IDM will download correct file only when it captured the download automatically from your browser. If you use "Download with IDM" browser's context menu item or download panel for selected links, IDM will download a web page instead of a real file. Also for a free account, you need to enable "Start downloading immediately while displaying "Download File Info" dialog" option in "Options->Downloads" dialog.
Then close and restart your browser of choice that you usually use.
If this does not help, then maybe your Internet Explorer does not save cookies. Please read here for possible reasons and solutions.
To check that your cookies are set correctly, open www.fileserve.com in Internet Explorer browser. You should be logged in. If you have to log in manually, then cookies are not set correctly.
2.2. You need to add your login and password for FileServe in "Options->Sites Logins" dialog. Press "New" to add a new entry (arrow 1 on the image). You need to add two entries and to use "fileserve.com" and "*.fileserve.com" as server names (arrows 2 on the image):
2.3. Then you need to open site www.fileserve.com in your browser and press "Login" in top right corner of the dialog (arrow 1 on the image). Type you username and password and check "Remember me" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image). Then press "Login" button (arrow 3 on the image).
After this, your browser should ask you if you want to remember login and password for this site (arrow 3 on the image). Press "Yes". Then press "My Account" (arrow 1 on the image), and then press "Edit Account" in left menu (arrow 2 on the image) and press "Save" (arrow 3 on the image):
Then select "Advanced features" (arrow 1 on the image), check "Direct Download" checkbox (arrow 2 on the image) and press "Save" (arrow 3 on the image).
2.4. When IDM starts downloading HTML files then maybe your FileServe account has expired. Alternatively, this can happen if your FileServe traffic limit has been spent. You need to try to login in your account and check that everything is in order.
Also IDM downloads a web page if a file had been already removed from the site. In addition, you can try to download a file with your browser. Hold "Alt" key while clicking on a download link to tell IDM that it should not catch the download. Then you should see a web page with explanation of this problem.
3.1. Problem may also happen if you use some proxy. It is better if you not use any proxy at all. If you absolutely cannot avoid using proxy, you should use the same proxy in your browser and in IDM.
Otherwise server will think that you use different IPs for this download and download will fail because for trial account a temporary link can be downloaded only once from a single IP address. Please note that the same relates to different applications that try to control your internet traffic
and acts like local proxy. It can be some kind of FireWall/Antivirus or other security applications. If you use your browser via such application, you should use IDM via it as well.
4. Also if you use FireFox problems may happen if you use extensions from third party companies to transfer downloads in IDM, for example Flashgot. IDM can perfectly detect downloads itself but if you really want to use Flashgot, at least update it to the latest version.
5. If IDM still does not download from FileServe this means that you did something wrong in previous steps. Please check again.